Verdun House is our fully accessible, residential treatment centre for men 18 years and over.
The Centre is located in Pool in the Eastern rural parish of St. John, Barbados and is nestled on 13 acres of expansive landscapes. The historic buildings comprise “The Attempt”, a 19th century plantation great house.
We have on campus a vegetable farm, animal farm, orchard, bakery and workshop.
Our comfortable accommodation and amenities is set the natural therapeutic setting that promote healing and recovery.
We are a 12-step plus, 90-day residential programme. Clients who are eligible can transfer to second stage treatment where the opportunity is provided for them to consolidate and practice what they have learnt in primary treatment.
Our Clinical programme consists of the following:-
- Weekly individual counselling
- 12 Step Facilitation and Lectures
- Mental Health & Addiction counselling
- Medical, Psychiatric and Psychological services
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Family Support Groups
- Art Therapy
- Health & Wellness
- Trauma-informed treatment services using evidence-based therapies.
- Life skills and work training placements
- Work therapy in a “greening” environment
- Structured Professional Development programme
- Structured continuing care for up to 12 months
Our ultimate goal is to help addicted persons and their families heal and lead productive lives.
Our comfortable accommodation consists of:-
- 53 -bed capacity (Primary & Second Stage)
- Group rooms
- Dining area
- Meditation Room
- Lounge areas
- Fully equipped medical office
- Library, Computer Lab & Learning Centre
- Spacious sports field
- Fully accessible
Meet the Team
Our team comprised highly qualified, multi-disciplinary professionals with the following disciplines:-
- Mental Health & Addiction Therapists/Counsellors
- Social Worker
- Family Therapist
- Medical Doctor
- General & Mental Health Nurse
- Art Therapist
- Client & Administrative Support professionals
If you would like to learn more about how your loved ones can access our services, costs or additional information please contact us:-
The Substance Abuse Foundation Inc.
Pool, St. John, Barbados
Contact us at: 1-246-433-3488