Marina House is our fully accessible, residential treatment centre for women 18 years and over.
The primary focus at Marina House is to provide a place where women feel safe, nurtured, supported and where the process of healing and recovery can begin. This is why we have provided a variety of areas where you can spend time alone reflecting or enjoying the company of others. You can also choose from the lounge and recreational areas, take a walk around the expanse of space or simply savour the stunning sea views from the balcony.
We are a 12-step plus, 90 day residential programme. Clients who are eligible can transfer to second stage treatment where the opportunity is provided for them to consolidate and practice what they have learnt in primary treatment.
Women can be assured of the same quality treatment that we have been providing for more than fourteen years at our men’s unit – Verdun House.
Our Clinical programme consists of the following:-
- Weekly individual counselling
- 12 Step Facilitation and Lectures
- Mental Health & Addiction counselling
- Medical, Psychiatric and Psychological services
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Family Support Groups
- Art Therapy
- Health & Wellness
- Trauma-informed treatment services using evidence-based therapies.
- Parenting and life skills training
- Structured Professional Development programme
- Structured continuing care for up to 12 months
We offer pre-treatment group for women who are desirous of entering our addiction treatment facility. The group focuses primarily on barriers to treatment, preparation for the treatment experience, creating trust and safety.
Our ultimate goal is to help addicted persons heal and lead productive lives.
Our comfortable accommodation consists of:-
- 17 -bed capacity
- 3 Group rooms
- Dining area
- Meditation Room
- Therapy room
- Fully equipped medical office
- Library, Computer Lab & Learning Centre
- Spacious outdoor balcony
- Fully accessible
Meet the Team
Our team comprised highly qualified, multi-disciplinary professionals with the following disciplines:-
- Mental Health & Addiction Therapists/Counsellors
- Clinical Psychologist
- Social Worker
- Family Therapist
- Medical Doctor
- General & Mental Health Nurse
- Art Therapist
- Client & Administrative Support professionals
If you would like to learn more about how your loved ones can access our services, costs or additional information please contact:-
The Substance Abuse Foundation Inc.
New Castle, St. John, Barbados
Contact us at: 1-246-433-3488
Marina House is a project of The Substance Abuse Foundation Inc. – A Registered Barbados Charity No. 206.
Marina House was made possible by a gift from The Maria Holder Memorial Trust.