You have completed your residential treatment so what’s next?
At Verdun House& Marina House while we recognise that treatment is an important first step, it is life after residential treatment that matters most. You are no longer in the safe, friendly and therapeutic environs at our treatment centres. It is more than likely that you will be returning to a world that isn’t very sympathetic, faced with the stigma associated with the disease and a world that hasn’t changed much from what you left before you enter treatment. You may become frustrated by job searches and career prospects and family members may not be ready to receive you back into the family unit. These frustrations may compromise your recovery efforts, your cravings are present and the temptation to return to drug use is stronger than self management.
This is why we are committed to providing you with the help you need. Our Continuing care includes:-
- a full year after treatment support as part of our continuum of services
- Encouraging you to keep in touch with your sponsor
- Keep Counselling Appointments in order to achieve after care treatment plan goals - Our Clinical staff is only a phone call away
- Work with employers to secure job opportunities
- Provide education and training opportunities to help you achieve career goals.
- Hosts ofAlcoholics Anonymousand Narcotics Anonymousmeetings Lecturers and presentations on Relapse Prevention
- Motivational Information found on our Face Book page